SAVE THE DATE
The 17th annual Geriatric Services Conference will be held March 27, 2020 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. An exciting program is underway. Plan to join your colleagues from across the province for another day of inspiration, latest research and best practices. Faculty includes Dr. Brendan McCormack internationally recognized in leading person-centred practice development.
Developing Person-centred Cultures of Effectiveness: Developing Transformative Spaces and Places
Person-centred Practice with Older People: Adopting Critical and Creative Approaches to Learning and Development
PROGRAM TOPICS include:
- Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging: Building Resilience
- The Real Deal: Lessons from Geriatric Outreach Home visits
- The Future is Here: Ethical Considerations for Adoption and Implementation of Novel Assistive Technologies
- “There You Are!” Communication, Relationships and Behaviour Care Planning
- Exploring Dementia through First Nation Stories
- Self Care: Unleashing Joy in the Workplace
- Sexuality and Intimacy in Long Term Care: Dignity, Autonomy and Well-being
- Truth-telling and Deception in the Care of Persons with Dementia: Using Case Studies to Explore Ethical Issues
- Health Law Update
The program will be finalized soon.
Call for Poster Presentations
A block of rooms is being held until February 26th, 2020 at the Listel Hotel, 1300 Robson Street, Vancouver at a special rate of $169.00 per night plus applicable taxes. For reservations, please call (604) 684-8461 or toll-free 1-800-663-5491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the group name Providence Health Care / Geriatric Services Conference.
Early booking is advised.
Registration is now open!